Time to Wrap it Up
Raymond
2012-01-25 16:16:20 UTC
When Ruth Paine testified before the Commission in Washington, she
claimed to have wrapping paper at her home in Irving that was similar
to the paper used to make the homemade bag found in the Book
Depository.

Later, when members of the Commission staff went to the Paine
home to examine the paper, Mr.Jenner took a sample of the paper
provided to him by Mrs. Paine. He took a sample 3 feet 1 inch in
length and marked it as Ruth Paine Exhibit 272. This exhibit appears
in Vol.XXI, p. 3. In the contents of Volume XXI, this exhibit is
titled: Sample of wrapping paper kept by Ruth Paine in her home.

In reality, this evidence and its claims are misleading and
irrelevant. It has no connection with the assassination since this
roll was purchased after the event. This, however, did not stop
Assistant Counsel Albert Jenner from using the sample to mislead
researchers.

At the time of Jenner's visit to the Paine home, Mrs. Paine was
asked where she kept wrapping paper. She went to the kitchen-dining
room area and took a tube of wrapping paper from the bottom drawer of
a secretary desk and gave it to Mr.Jenner

"And is that the remains of the tube of wrapping paper that you
had in your home on November 22, 1963?"
Mrs. Paine: No, this is a new one, similar to the old one.
Mr. Jenner: Did you purchase it at the same place that you
purchased the previous wrapping paper?"
Mrs. Paine: I purchased the rolls at some dime store.

At this point, Jenner should have realized that the sample was
meaningless as evidence and abandoned the effort, but he went on with
the charade. He had his assistant, Agent Howlett, measure the width of
the paper (two feet 6 inches) then cut 3 feet 1 inch from the roll.

Mr. Jenner: We will mark the sheet of wrapping paper... as Ruth
Paine Exhibit No. 272. Would you mark that, please Miss Reporter?
(Vol. IX, p.411)

The average investigator probably would have moved on when he
realized that he was examining a roll of paper that could not have
been used to make a rifle case, but Jenner was determined not to waste
the visit to the Paine home in Irving. And, for the rest of the
evening, Jenner, along with his team of assistants, with their tape
measures in hand, measured everything in sight.

From the testimony:
Mr. Jenner: That your home is well set back, we'll measure it
in a moment, from the street, and it is a generous lawn with some
bushes, that bushes are not as solid as a screen but they are up close
to your home. The lawn area is entirely open except for the oak tree
which I have herefore described as being a generous shade tree about 2
feet in diameter. We will measure the circumference in a moment. John
Joe, could we measure he distance from the south wall of the house to
the sidewalk?

At this point, Agent Howlett saved some time by announcing:
"There is no sidewalk. There is a curb,"

After a measurement from the house to the curb (42 feet) they
measured the canopy over the porch entrance, length and width (11 feet
in depth and 7 feet three inches from east to west.
(Vol.IX, p.413)

Anyone watching this comedy would have taken Jenner for a real
estate salesman preparing a brochure for a home sale. With members of
the Warren Commission indulging in such ridiculous conduct is it any
wonder why there has never been any real enthusiasm for accepting the
findings of the Warren Report?

Time to Wrap it Up
t***@cox.net
Time to Wrap it Up
Raymond
2012-01-26 17:27:10 UTC
Post by t***@cox.net
OF COURSE OU'RE GONNA POIDE H VOLUME N PAG FOR RUH'S TETIMONY TO THT
EFFECT ARERN'T YOU ? ? ?
Warren Commission Hearings: Vol. IX - Page 410

Mr. Jenner.
Now, Mrs. Paine, you testified last week before the Commission that
you keep a supply of wrapping paper?
Mrs. Paine.
Yes.
Mr. Jenner.
Where do you normally keep it?
Mrs. Paine.
(At this point the witness, Mrs. Paine, left the area of garage and
returned to the kitchen-dining room area.) I keep it as I explained at
the Commission hearings, in the bottom drawer of a large secretary
desk in the dining area.
Mr. Jenner.
And you have just leaned down and taken a tube of what looks like
wrapping paper from that drawer, have you not?
Mrs. Paine.
Yes; I have.
Mr. Jenner.
And, is that the remains of the tube of wrapping paper that you had in
your home on November 22, 1963?
Mrs. Paine.
No, this is a new one, similar to the old one.
Mr. Jenner.
Did you purchase it at the same place that you purchased the previous
wrapping paper?
Mrs. Paine.
I purchased the rolls at some dime store.
Mr. Jenner.
Mr. Howlett, would you measure that wrapping paper

Cont'd
http://www.jfk-assassination.de/warren/wch/vol9/page410.php
Time to Wrap it Up- Hide quoted text -
Jason Burke
2012-01-26 04:33:37 UTC
Post by t***@cox.net
OF COURSE OU'RE GONNA POIDE H VOLUME N PAG FOR RUH'S TETIMONY TO THT
EFFECT ARERN'T YOU ? ? ?
What, do you just throw letters together and think you're sharing knowledge?
Time to Wrap it Up
Questionin
2012-01-26 20:06:32 UTC
Post by t***@cox.net
OF COURSE OU'RE GONNA POIDE H VOLUME N PAG FOR RUH'S TETIMONY TO THT
EFFECT ARERN'T YOU ? ? ?
Of COURSE!!! If you look through the evidence you will see a redundance and
a course of unrelating stuff packed into an array of nothingness "evidence."
I mean they have pictures of Marina in Russia, pictures of Oswald's
childhood and while he was in Russia, Oswald's cloths, and other garbage,
like pictures of Walkers backyard. And so on.
I just recentally saw this exhibit in the WC exhibits, I couldn't believe
all the garbage the commissioner drudged up to complicate their own
exsistance. Like their "work" wouldn't be scrutinized for ever.
I mean they displayed EVERY letter and envelope the Oswald's had whether it
had anything to do with the assassination or not. Some of this garbage is
just really stupid. You have to filter out this sort of crap. Grown men
acting like a bunch of children. They got pictures of the curbs where
bullets were reflected. But they were so far away the evidence was lost. And
crappie too. And...
Had they not wasted so much time and money, they might have brought the
public an investigation they could believe in. But that's why Johnson hand
picked those yahoos. He knew they would only complicate the issues and buy
him some more time. But he chose not to run cause NOBODY would vote for him.
Well maybe a few Johnson defenders. Wasn't that Johnson's real purpose? He
jumped on the chance to have his own committe as so to keep Congress from
forming a group of real investigators.
Time to Wrap it Up
Raymond
2012-01-26 23:30:27 UTC
[...]
There seems to be no solution to the source and absolute purpose of the
paper bag found in the TSBD. Those , who defend the Warren Wizards, claim
that the murder weapon was carried into the book building by LHO, in the
bag, which had been constructed by him from materials available from the
shipping room.

The commissioners themselves must have had doubts about their own
decision, since they sought other sources for the materials used to
fabricate the container. For example, they were interested in wrapping
paper used by Ruth Paine to protect her two sets of curtain rods and two
Venetian blinds.

Not mentioned, but obviously of concern, was the wrapping paper used at
Klein's to ship the rifle to Dallas.

From Wm. J. Waldman, V. Pres. , Klein's Sporting Goods, Inc.:
Belin: Do you know whether or not the rifle would have been broken down
in shipment or whether or not it would have been shipped fully assembled?

Waldman: It was customary for us to ship all of these rifles and scopes
fully assembled, and I would have no reason to believe that this
particular one would have been shipped otherwise.

Belin: And do you know in what kind of a container it would have been
shipped?

Waldman: It was customary for us to ship these rifles with scopes
attached in a corrugated cardboard carton made for us by the Rudd
Container Corporation of Chicago.

Belin: About how long would that carton be in size, if you know?
Waldman: Approximately 60 inches.
Belin: Did you ever furnish a sample of the carton or any wrapping
paper or tape to the FBI?
Waldman: Yes; we did furnish a sample of the carton together with the
type of sealing tape that was generally used and such craft paper that may
have been used for inner cushioning packing.

As thrifty as LHO was, it is unlikely that he would have deliberately
disposed of the cardboard carton or the paper that protected his weapon en
route from Chicago.

Could Klein's paper have been the same paper that covered the Carcano
within the "rustic" blanket on the floor of the Paine's garage? Could that
same paper have somehow ended up on the 6th. floor of the TSBD?

Does anyone know what became of the "samples or any wrapping paper or
tape " provided to the FBI? Did the Agency compare the Chicago paper with
the TSBD paper?

As well look for a needle in a bottle of hay.
___ Cervantes: Don Quixote

The Chicago paper:
SA James Cadigan (Vol.IV, p.89) tested not only the Klein's paper; he
even tested paper samples taken from Jaggers-Chiles Stovall and Wm. B.
Reilly Co.; both places where LHO had been employed.

The defenders of the Warren Commission's claim that LHO constructed a
paper container from materials in the TSBD to transport his Mannlicher
Carcano from the Paine garage in Irving to the sixth floor of the
building where he worked have got some questions to answer.

If Lee snitched paper and tape from the shipping room, when did he do
this without Troy West seeing him and when and where did he
manufacture the final container?

A replica bag was made of similar materials from the same area of
Troy West's shipping room by SA ODUM on Sunday, December 1 when West
wasn't there to watch over his coffee business and his paper rolls.
Did ODUM construct his sack while in the shipping room or did he too
take the paper and tape home with him, hidden in his trousers and
construct his container without being seen?

If Lee did have his weapon in the mysterious bag and carried it from
Frazier's car into the TSBD, where did he deposit it until needed to
shoot at the President?. Since he was allegedly seen entering the back
door of the building empty handed, how did he make his package
disappear?

When last seen by Frazier, he had the alleged rifle under his arm and
by he time he was seen by Dougherty the package was no longer an
issue.

If true, Lee had about four hours to retrieve his murder weapon and
take it up to the sixth floor without being seen. Considering the
above, we must conclude that the package was hidden outside the
building without Frazier seeing Lee conceal it. This would indicate
that at some point during the morning Lee had to leave the building,
recover his package and carry it, unseen again, to the sixth floor.

Difficult to explain? Indeed !

Now, the defenders of the curtain rod story also have someexplaining
to do.

If Lee did take paper and tape from the shipping room and was able
at some point to construct the brown paper bag, the same scenario
exists. If he had curtain rods in the package when he exited Frazier's
car and was seen empty handed by Dougherty, what happened to his
rods?

Let's examine Dougherty's testimony since so much value is placed on
his seeing Lee enter the back door empty handed.

He says he was sitting on the wrapping table "when Lee came through
the rear door" empty handed. When asked about the location of the door
and if it was the only door, he said , "Yes."

He was not necessarily lying. However, what he said was misleading.
To explain, we must examine the floor plan drawing of the first floor
of the TSBD. (CE 1061). Where he was seated, he could not have seen
Lee enter the rear door to the building from outside since that door
only deposits a person onto the deck of the rear loading dock-not the
first floor proper where Dougherty described seeing Lee enter empty
handed.

LOOKING AT THE DRAWING: After entering the loading dock from
outside, we see a door from the dock to the first floor and the
shipping floor equipment where Dougherty was sitting.

So now we have our antinomy! Both sides of the argument can argue
that Lee left the package (containing the rods or rifle) someplace on
the loading dock where neither Frazier or Dougherty would have seen
it.

If I was making the movie, I would opt for the curtain rod story and
improvise from there. Of course, that does not exclude the possibility
of the rifle, or a similar rifle, having been brought into the
building before the morning of the 22nd., especially since we are not
sure when the rifle might have been removed from the Paine's garage,
are we?

And obviously, Lee had not planned on returning home again to Irving,
and logic says that he at least wanted to see his family for possibly
the last time, so he fibbed to Frazier about why he wanted to go home
a day early. And not to be seen as a liar, he did have a set of Ruth's
curtain rods that were already wrapped in brown paper from Ruth's
garage.

And SEE
Warren Commission Hearings: Vol. IV - Page 97

Mr. Cadigan.
No; I don't see actually, I don't know the condition of the rifle. If
it were in fact contained in this bag, it could have been wrapped in
cloth or just the metal parts wrapped in a thick layer of cloth, or if
the gun was in the bag, perhaps it wasn't moved too much. I did
observe some scratch marks and abrasions but was unable to associate
them with this gun. The scratch marks in the paper could come from any
place. They could have come from many places. There were no marks on
this bag that I could say were caused by that rifle or any other rifle
or any other given instrument.

Also See:
http://jfkassassination.net/russ/wcexlink.htm

Scan down to Vol. XVII and view CE 730, 731, and 732 to see the
wrapping benches where Dougherty was sitting when he saw Lee enter at
8:am.

Then scan to CE 1061-the floor plan and observe the outer door to the
.