A memorandum from the FBI Director
Raymond
2011-12-25 04:57:06 UTC
A Amemorandum from the FBI Director
FBI Document #62-109060-57RIF#124-10012-10168.

At 5:15 PM on 11-22-63, FBI Director Hoover received a telephone call from
Ass't Attorney General Norbert A Schlei requesting information as to what
kind of people murdered the President. Among some of the things Hoover
told Schlei:

"...I told Mr. Schlei that Oswald was working in the building from
which the shots were fired; that we have the rifle and 3 empty shells
found in the building in which the man was employed. I said Oswald
apparently left this building and a block or two away two police officers
moved toward him, and for no good reason he opened fire on them and killed
one...I stated he was born an American but tried unsuccessfully to lose
his American citizenship; came back to this country in 1962; made several
trips to Cuba; upon his return each time we questioned him about what he
went to Cuba for and he answered that it was none of our business...I said
that much depends upon the evidence to be obtained; that the rifle has
been handled by dozens of people probably-the building was filled with
people watching the parade; by the time they got to the fifth floor, the
rifle had been dropped and thrown over into a corner; there was indication
he was eating fried chicken sandwiches this afternoon; we have to check
this out and find where he obtained the chicken.

Mr. Schlei stated I had been very helpful and he appreciated it very
much. I told him , if we can be of any further help, to call on me."

I don't think Schlei called again, thank God. One such lot of bad
information was enough for one day. Can you imagine what a defense
attorney would have done with this memorandum if Lee had lived and went to
trial?

FBI Document #62-109060-57RIF#124-10012-10168. Can be found in the
National Archives: a memorandum from the FBI Director.

I know it was early in the event, but Hoover sure was quick to prosecute
a man that very little was known about at the time. It seems unreasonable
that Hoover would spend so much time, that early, focussing on a suspect
that only worked in the building where the shots had come from .

He never went to Cuba officially or unofficially. He just never went.
Bud
2011-12-25 19:16:20 UTC
[...]
Yes, nothing.
  FBI Document #62-109060-57RIF#124-10012-10168. Can be found in the
National Archives: a memorandum from the FBI Director.
  I know it was early in the event, but Hoover sure was quick to prosecute
a man that very little was known about at the time.
He knew he killed a cop.
It seems unreasonable
that Hoover would spend so much time, that early, focussing on a suspect
that only worked in the building where the shots had come from .
Yah, this allowed the figments of your imagination the opportunity
to escape.
He never went to Cuba officially or unofficially.  He just never went.
It doesn`t seem to be one of Hoover`s strong points to accurately
process the information made available to him.
Raymond
2012-01-04 14:19:33 UTC
[...]
process the information made available to him.- Hide quoted text -
J. Edgar Hoover and the Framing of the Omaha Two
Dec. 28, 2011

Ed Poindexter Mondo we Langa

Ed Poindexter and Mondo we Langa, the leaders of the Omaha chapter of
the Black Panther Party in the early 1970s, were framed for the murder
of Omaha Police Officer Larry Minard as part of J. Edgar Hoover’s
clandestine, illegal counterintelligence operation known as COINTELPRO
that targeted Black Panther Party leaders all over the United States.
Although neither man had any connection to the murder of the young
officer, both remain imprisoned for life.

by Michael Richardson

The murder of Omaha, Nebraska policeman Larry Minard over 40 years ago
and the COINTELPRO-inspired investigation that followed landed two
Black Panther leaders – Ed Poindexter and Mondo we Langa – in prison
for life. The scapegoats came to be known as the “Omaha Two.” In
order to pin the police officer’s murder on the two leaders of Omaha’s
Black Panther Party, FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover gave a secret order
to withhold a crime laboratory report on the identity of the anonymous
caller that lured the 29-year-old policeman to his death.

Hoover directed the Federal Bureau of Investigation from 1924 to his
death in 1972. He also directed a secret, illegal,
counterintelligence operation within the FBI from 1956 to 1971,
codenamed COINTELPRO that targeted radical groups such as the
Panthers, Students for a Democratic Society, and the American Indian
Movement. COINTELPRO’s stated aim was to destabilize these groups by
either murdering their leaders or getting them convicted of felonies.
(COINTELPRO is an acronym for Counterintelligence Program.)

On September 8, 1968, Hoover told The New York Times the Black
Panthers were “the greatest threat to the internal security of the
country.”

SEE:
http://www.crimemagazine.com/j-edgar-hoover-and-framing-omaha-two
bigdog
2011-12-25 19:18:13 UTC
[...]
Why would this memo be of any use to a defense team? The FBI had a file on
Oswald and Hosty had been assigned to him. He was not a stranger to them.
By 5:15, they knew Oswald had worked at the building the shots were fired
from, left the building immediately after the shooting, killed a cop a
short time later, tried to kill another when arrested, and they had
discovered his rifle was missing from Ruth Paine's garage. Why wouldn't
Oswald be THE prime supsect. CTs have this strange idea that cops are
supposed to be like jurors and give the suspect the benefit of the doubt
and the presumption of innocence. That's nonsense. When there is as much
evidence available to them as there was in this case, the cops are going
to very quickly zero in on a suspect while they continue to gather
evidence. The additional evidence will either corroborate or cast doubt on
the earlier evidence. In this case, everything they found out after this
memo was written confirmed their initial suspiscions. The rilfe belonged
to Oswald. It matched the shells and recovered bullets. His palm print was
on it. His palm print was on the rifle bag. His shirt fibers were on the
rifle. His blanket fibers were in the bag. A witness IDed Oswald as the
shooter as did others who IDed him as Tippit's killer. Were they really
supposed to take all that evidence and say, "Gee, let's give Lee the
benefit of the doubt. Let's try to find some excuse to dismiss all this
damn evidence against him"? Were they supposed to act like conspiracy
theorists?
Walt
2011-12-25 21:04:19 UTC
[...]

Ha,ha,ha,ha,hee,hee,hee.......ROTFLMAO!!...... This is a excellent
example of JE Hoover's insanity. Just a few hours after the President has
been brutally murdered, and a time when Hoover should have been casting a
net for suspects, he focused only on a man who had been thrust up in
everybody's face as the killer. A cool rational mind would have been
immediately suspictious that something was drastically wrong with the
scenario, but petty god Hoover didn't bat an eye and told the assistant AG
Norbert Schlei that he would conduct a thorough investigation to find out
where Lee Oswald had obtained the chicken!! Ha,ha,ha,ha,..........

What do you LNer's think of your hero? This is the man who laid down the
foundation for your bible ( the Warren Report).....I'll bet your really
proud.
Bud
2011-12-26 15:46:07 UTC
Post by Walt
[...]
It`s retarded to think that if there are indications of a person`s
guilt, that person must be innocent. The question is why do conspiracy
retards think in this manner, and the answer is that they are
retarded.
Post by Walt
 A cool rational mind
<snicker> Like yours, Walt?
Post by Walt
would have been
immediately suspictious that something was drastically wrong with the
scenario, but petty god Hoover didn't bat an eye and told the assistant AG
Norbert Schlei that he would conduct a thorough investigation to find out
where Lee Oswald had obtained the chicken!!  Ha,ha,ha,ha,..........
What do you LNer's think of your hero?
What do you think of your villain? Is this some criminal mastermind
or just an inept bureaucrat?
Pamela Brown
2011-12-27 03:06:45 UTC
[...]
Not if there was an assassination script. Just a thought.
He never went to Cuba officially or unofficially.  He just never went.
So we are told.
Raymond
2011-12-28 02:24:00 UTC
[...]
So we are told.- Hide quoted text -
A Visit To Pamela McElwain-Brown
So we are told.-
Few posters get a chance to see many other posters, and are curious
about what they look like
http://karws.gso.uri.edu/JFK/JFK.html