Roy Sansom Truly : Friend of the Unemployed !
Raymond
2012-02-01 20:46:57 UTC
If there is evil in this world it lurks in the hearts of man.

Roy Sansom Truly : Friend of the Unemployed !

Bonnie Rae Williams testified that he had worked at the TSBD warehouse
until business began to get slow and was called to work at the Elm
Street Building to help lay a new plywood floor

Testimony:
Mr. BALL. North of the corner of Houston and Elm?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. And how long did you work at that place?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Well, I worked there . I think that was--it was before
November. I think it was some time during October. I am not sure.
Mr. BALL. And what did they put you to work at at that time?
Mr. WILLIAMS. They called me up to help lay a floor on the fifth
floor, they wanted more boards over it. As I say, BUSINESS WAS SLOW,
and they were trying to keep us on without laying us off at the time.
So I was using the saw, helping cut wood and lay wood.
Mr. BALL. You were laying a wood floor over the old floor?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. On the fifth floor?
Mr. WILLIAMS. yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. And when you finished on the fifth floor, what did you do?
Mr. WILLIAMS. After we finished on the fifth floor, we started to move
up to the sixth floor. But at the time we didn't complete the sixth
floor. We only completed just a little portion of it.
Mr. BALL. By the time, you are talking about November 22d?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Before November 22d, how long had you been laying floor in
the building at Houston and Elm?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Before November 22d, I think we had been working on the
fifth floor, I think, about 3 weeks. I think altogether I had been up
there just about 4 weeks, I think.

Mr. BALL. And how long had you been on the sixth floor before how long
have you been working on the sixth floor before November 22?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Let's see. Before November 22d, I think it might have
been 2 DAYS -- it might have been 2 DAYS. I would say about 2 days,
approximately 2 days.

Mr. BALL. Before you started to lay the floor, did you have to move
any cartons?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes; we did.
Mr. BALL. From what part of the sixth floor did you move the cartons?
Mr. WILLIAMS. We moved cartons from, I believe, the west side of the
sixth floor to the east side of the sixth floor, because I think there
was a vacancy in there.
Mr. BALL. Clear over to the east side?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.

Do we know who was supervising the floor laying project and who made
the decision to move the boxes of books to the southeast corner of the
sixth floor?

Mr. BALL. What part of the sixth floor were you working that morning?
Mr. WILLIAMS. On the west side.
Mr. BALL. Were you moving stock or laying floor that morning?
Mr. WILLIAMS. We were doing both.
Mr. BALL. You were doing both?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. The west side of the sixth floor--you mean the whole west
side, or was there a certain part--northwest or southwest or middle?
Mr. WILLIAMS. I believe it was the whole west side, because we had to
go from window to window--from the elevator to the front window facing
Elm Street--we were laying the floor parallel.

Mr. WILLIAMS. Well, as I remember, I don't know too much about the
building.
Mr. DULLES. You were not in the order filling business?
Mr. WILLIAMS. No, sir; not in that department. At the other building.
I was just transferred to that building
Mr. DULLES. Mr. Williams, were all the boxes of books moved out of
this area while you were working, or as you finished a part of it,
were some boxes put back in?
Mr. WILLIAMS. To begin with, I think we were working on the wall
first. I don't think we moved too many books in this area.

I think we just moved them out and right back in, as I remember.

But I think after we got a little further over, I think we had to
move some books. We had to move these books to the east side of this
building, over here, and those books--I would say this would be the
window Oswald shot the President from. We moved these books kind of
like in a row like that, kind of WINDING THEM AROUND.

How nice ... "Winding them around" the man said..

So here we have an employee claiming that things were slow at the book
place and rather than lay off employees, a new floor was being laid on
the fifth and sixth floor. And it was just two days before the
president's visit that the sixth floor project began. How convenient
is that ? And instead of"putting the boxes of books back where they
originated, which had been the custom, now they were moved to the west
side of the building and stacked "winding them around ." Around
what ? The window where the shots were fired from? Now, whose idea was
that. Certainly not the floor laying crews' idea.

Things were slow? Really ?

Buell Wesley ( I go by Wesley) Frazier was hired on September 13th
after receiving a call from "some lady" at Massey Employment Agency
saying the TSBD was hiring. Wesley went to see Mr Truly in the morning
of the 13th. and was told to return after lunch and start working that
day despite things being slow...

Next we find that Lee Oswald was hired on October 15th and started to
work the following day, the 16th. as a book order filler. Things must
have improved from being slow. But not according to Bonnie Rae
Williams.

Roy Truly testimony:

Mr. Belin.
Any other conversation that you can remember from your meeting on
October 15th?
Mr. Truly.
Well, he told me that he needed a job. He said he had a wife and child
to support. And he also repeated that he was expecting a child in a
few days.
And I told Lee Oswald that I had some work, that if he could fit in,
of a temporary nature, we could put him on. But I didn't have anything
in mind of a permanent job at that time, because I didn't have any
openings for a permanent person. And he said he would be glad to have
any type of work I would give him, because he did need-- and he
stressed he really needed a job to support his family.
Mr. Belin.
Anything else from that conversation on October 15th?
Mr. Truly.
Nothing that I can recall, except that he seemed to be grateful that I
was giving him the chance of a little extra work, if you want to call
it that.
He left, and I didn't see him any more until the morning of the 16th.
Mr. Belin.
What were his hours of work to be?
Mr. TRULY, His hours were from 8 in the morning until 4:45 in the
afternoon. His lunch period was from 12 to 12:45.
Mr. Belin.
Did you have a time clock there that they punch or not?
Mr. Truly.
No, sir.

On the first floor we have bin stock, shelf stock, we fill a lot of
small orders from.
And then in the basement the same.
The fifth and the sixth floor, and part of the seventh floor is
overflow stock. It is reserve stock.
But the boys have to go to those floors all during the day to pick up
stock and bring it to the first floor in order to process and complete
the orders for the checker.
Mr. Dulles.
What would reserve stock mean?
Mr. Truly.
Actually it is not reserve stock--it is not surplus either. It is part
of our stock. But we can carry a limited. amount only on the first
floor where we do our shipping. So they may get an order for a hundred
copies of a certain book and there may only be 10 or 15 or 20 on the
shelf on the first floor. They will have to go upstairs and get a
carton or two. And they replenish the first floor stock from that.
And many of our freight orders are filled entirely from our reserve
stock. And they bring them to the first floor. All orders reach the
first floor, where they are checked and processed and packed and
shipped from that floor.

Mr. Belin.
Where, generally, are Scott, Foresman books kept?
Mr. Truly.
On the first floor and the sixth floor. We have a large quantity of
their books on the sixth floor.
Mr. Belin.
And this is the area where Lee Harvey Oswald worked?
Mr. Truly.
That is right.
Mr. Belin.
That publisher?
Mr. Truly.
That publisher. He had occasion to go to the sixth floor quite a
number of times every day, each day, after books.

Usually the boys that fill a lot of the other orders are the boys that
have had more experience overall, they have been there some time, and
they will know the general location of all the stock, and it is just
easier for an experienced man to fill some other orders.

Mr. Truly.
I would say for the nature of the work and the time he was there, the
work that he did was a bit above average. I wasn't on that floor
constantly. The boy, from all reports to me, and what I have seen kept
working and talked little to anybody else. He just kept moving. And he
did a good day's work.
Mr. Belin.

Back to Bonnie Rae:
Mr. WILLIAMS. It was after I had left the sixth floor, after I had
eaten the chicken sandwich. I finished the chicken sandwich maybe 10
or 15 minutes after 12. I could say approximately what time it was.
Mr. BALL. Approximately what time was it?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Approximately 12:20, maybe.
Mr. BALL. Well, now, when you talked to the FBI on the 23d day of
November, you said that you went up to the sixth floor about 12 noon
with your lunch, and you stayed only about 3 minutes, and seeing no
one you came down to the fifth floor, using the stairs at the west end
of the building. Now, do you think you stayed longer than 3 minutes up
there?
Mr. WILLIAMS. I am sure I stayed longer than 3 minutes.
Mr. BALL. Do you remember telling the FBI you only stayed 3 minutes up
there?
Mr. WILLIAMS. I do not remember telling them I only stayed 3 minutes.
Mr. BALL. And then on this 14th of January 1964, when you talked to
Carter and Griffin, they reported that you told them you went down to
the fifth floor around 12:05 p.m., and that around 12:30 p.m. you were
watching the Presidential parade. Now, do you remember telling them
you went down there about 12:05 p.m.?
Mr. WILLIAMS. I remember telling the fellows that--they asked me
first, they said, "How long did it take you to finish the sandwich?" I
said, "Maybe 5 to 10 minutes, maybe 15 minutes." Just like I said
here. I don't remember saying for a definite answer that it was 5
minutes.
Mr. BALL. Well, is it fair to say that you do not remember the exact
time now?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. You do remember, though, that you ate your lunch and drank
your pop, your Doctor Pepper, before you came down?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Were you there any length of time before the Presidential
parade came by?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Well, sir, on the fifth floor?
Mr. BALL. On the fifth floor, yes, with your two friends, Norman and
Jarman.
Mr. WILLIAMS. I was there a while before it came around.
Mr. BALL. You were at what window?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Well, I believe we was on the east side of the window,
and I think Hank was--I think he was directly under the sixth floor
window where Oswald was supposed to have shot the President from. And
I think I was a window over. And I think James Jarman was two or three
windows over.
Mr. BALL. I will show you a picture here, which is 482. Do you see
yourself in that picture?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir; I am right here.

What seems strange !
Witnesses on the street below the TSBD window claimed that they saw
people moving around on the sixth floor shortly before the motorcade
appeared. Yet, Williams saw no one while he was on the sixth floor.
Confusing to say the least.

And, for it being the slow period for the book business, at least two
people, neighbors in fact, who played a major roll in the historic
event, were hired full time in a building that offered a perfect
location to shoot at the president of the United States...

Remember ? And I told Lee Oswald that I had some work, that if he
could fit in,of a temporary nature, we could put him on. But I didn't
have anything in mind of a permanent job at that time, because I
didn't have any openings for a permanent person.

"Had some work of a temporary nature.."
Just long enough though to see history changed by an alleged assassin
who "fit in" just long enough to became a person of a temporary
nature.

RUTH AND ROY'S PLACE

The building is the secret - if ya wanna know the truth,
And how they got him in there - ya needa ask Miss Ruth.

The place was full of cub-by-holes and spots where you could hide.
And, you didn't need a stairway- there were many ways outside.

An architect could show you how the dirty deed was done,
And, where man was hiding- the man who shot the gun.

When the policeman came and asked the man to help him find his way,
The guy in charge of everything had only this to say:

"Would you like to see the basement? Or, the stairway would be fun.
The shooter should be out by now - there's no need for us to run."

We know these folks weren't strangers - they knew each other well,
And soon they'll be together to celebrate in HELL.

So, the building is the secret - take a better look.
The secret isn't magic - the answer's in the book.

Smells funny, BUT,
"We must not listen to those who urge us to think human thoughts since
we are human, and mortal thoughts since we are mortal; rather, we
should as far as possible immortalize ourselves and do all we can to
live by the finest element in us — for if it is small in bulk, it is
far greater than anything else in power and worth."

P.S. "Don't stir shit. It smells bad enough as it is."

--- Aristotle (384-322 BCE)

Absum!
bigdog
2012-02-01 22:46:30 UTC
On Feb 1, 3:46 pm, Raymond <***@aol.com> wrote:

(OP snipped for brevity)

It is amazing how people can find something sinister in the most mundane
circumstances. An employer is using unskilled labor in a variety of ways
as the need arises. Go figure. When I was in college, I worked on a
trucks, move the merchandise to the appropriate place in the warehouse,
and load bulk items that customers would pick up at the loading dock. But
when they needed a body to do whatever, clean up, move manequins, set up
or take down displays, etc.,I would get pulled from my regular duties to
do those chores. That's the way it is when you're the low man on the totem
pole. It was like that at just about every place I ever worked. There are
always one or more workers who are expected to do whatever miscellaneous
jobs come up.
Raymond
2012-02-01 22:48:48 UTC
Post by Raymond
[...]
Affadavit of Harold Jarman::

About 12:15 P.M. on this same date, after I had eaten my lunch, I went to
the fifth floor of the building to watch the parade of the President pass
the building. Bonnie Ray Williams and James Jarman, who also worked at
this building WENT WITH ME. We took a position in the south-east corner
of the building on the fifth floor and I was looking out the window which
is closest to the east end of the buuilding overlooking Elm Street.

Just after the President passed by, I heard a shot and several seconds
later I heard two more shots. I knew that the shots had come from directly
above me, and I could hear the expended cartridges fall to the floor. I
also could here the bolt action of the rifle. I saw some dust fall from
the ceiling of the fifth floor and I felt sure that whoever had fired the
shots was directly above me. I saw all of the people down on the street
rut towards the west side of the building, so I went to that side with
Williams and Jarman, and looked out the west side window. We discussed the
shots, and where they had come from and decided we better go down stairs.
We walked down the stairs to the first floor and did not see anyone else
on the stairway as we went down. From the time of the shots until we
started down-stairs was about five minutes.

I have read over the above statement and it is the truth to the best of my
knowledge.

Subscribed and sworn to before me this 4th day of December, 1963.
/s/William N. Carter
William N. Carter, Special Agent U.S. Secret Service

Witness: /s/Arthur W. Blake
Special Agent, U.S. Secret Service

James Jarman testimony:
Mr. Jarman.
I was standing over to the right in front of the building going toward
the west.
Mr. Ball.
Were you on the sidewalk or curb?
Mr. Jarman.
On the sidewalk.
Mr. Ball.
The sidewalk in front of the Texas School Book Depository Building?
Mr. Jarman.
Yes, sir.
Mr. Ball.
How long did you stand there?

Mr. Jarman.
Well, until about 12:20, between 12:20 and 12:25.

Mr. Ball.
You left there, didn't you, and went some place?
Mr. Jarman.
Yes, sir.
Mr. Ball.
With whom?
Mr. Jarman.
Harold Norman and myself.
Mr. Ball.
Where did you go?
Mr. Jarman.
We went around to the back of the building up to the fifth floor.
Mr. Ball.
You say you went around. You mean you went around the building?
Mr. Jarman.
Right.
Mr. Ball.
You didn't go through and cross the first floor?
Mr. Jarman.
No, sir; there was too many people standing on the stairway so we
decided to go around.
Mr. Ball.
You went in the back door?
Mr. Jarman.

Mr. Ball.
Where did you go?
Mr. Jarman.
To the fifth floor.
Mr. Ball.
Why did you go to the fifth floor?
Mr. Jarman.
We just decided to go to the fifth floor.
Mr. Ball.
What did you do when you got to the fifth floor?
Mr. Jarman.
We got out the elevator and pulled the gate down. That was in case
somebody wanted to use it. Then we went to the front of the building,
which is on the south side, and raised the windows.
Mr. Ball.
Which windows did you raise?
Mr. Jarman.
Well, Harold raised the first window to the east side of the building,
and I went to the second rear windows and raised, counting the
windows, it would be the fourth one.
Mr. Ball.
It would be the fourth window?
Mr. Jarman.