Remember 'The Wink'
Raymond
2012-01-09 22:12:22 UTC
Barr McClellan, father of former White House press secretary Scott
McClellan and a partner in the Austin law firm that represented Johnson,
wrote in his 2003 book that LBJ was a key player in the organization of
the assassination and its cover-up. McClellan's revelations were the
subject of a subsequent History Channel documentary called The Guilty Men.

LBJ Behind JFK Killing - Book - Remember 'The Wink'
By Hye Jeong
Knight Ridder Newspapers
8-21-3

Photo
The man to the left in the bow tie is Congressman Albert Thomas,
winking at LBJ
http://www.rense.com/general40/thewnk.htm

GULFPORT, Miss. - (KRT) - The father of the White House press
secretary claims in his book, "Blood, Money & Power: How L.B.J.
Killed J.F.K.," that former President Lyndon B. Johnson was behind the
assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

Barr McClellan, father of White House press secretary Scott McClellan
and Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Mark McClellan, is
preparing for a Sept. 30 release of a 480-page book by Hannover House
that offers photographs, copies of letters, insider interviews and
details of fingerprints as proof that Edward A. Clark, the powerful
head of Johnson's private and business legal team and a former
ambassador to Australia, led the plan and cover-up for the 1963
assassination in Dallas.

Kennedy was shot and killed while throngs watched his motorcade travel
through Dallas on Nov. 22, 1963. Vice President Johnson was sworn in
as president shortly after on Air Force One.
"(Johnson) had the motive, opportunity and means," said McClellan, 63,
who was a partner in an Austin law firm that served Johnson. The book,
McClellan said in an exclusive interview at his Orange Grove home, is
about "(Johnson's) role in the assassination. He was behind the
assassination, how he was and how it all developed."

McClellan and his wife have lived in Gulfport since 1998, where his
wife's family lives. McClellan consults for some businesses on the
Coast and writes books.

McClellan said he includes information in the book that alludes to
Johnson's role in the assassination. An example is a story that was
told to him by the late Martin Harris, former managing partner at the
law firm, as told to Harris by Clark.

McClellan writes in his book that in a 1961 meeting on Johnson's ranch
outside Johnson City, Texas, Johnson gave Clark a document that may
have helped the assassin:

"Johnson suddenly let Clark go. `That envelope in the car,' he said
quietly, almost an afterthought, `is yours.' Stepping toward the car,
he muttered, `Put it to good use.' He turned, putting his arms across
Clark's shoulders, pulling him along, (and) the two walked toward the
convertible.

"As they drove back to the ranch, Clark opened the envelope. It
contained the policy manual for protection of the president."

Barry Bishop, senior shareholder of Clark's former law firm, defended
the attorney.

McClellan's theory is "absurd," Bishop said over the phone. "Mr. Clark
was a big supporter of Mr. Kennedy. The day that President Kennedy was
assassinated, there was going to a be a dinner that evening in Texas.
Mr. Clark was a co-sponsor of that dinner."

McClellan's book is just one of numerous conspiracy theory books that
criticize the conclusion of the FBI's investigation of the assassination,
that found that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone gunman. According to the
Warren Commission's 1964 report, "Examination of the facts of the
assassination itself revealed no indication that Oswald was aided in the
planning or execution of his scheme."

But that hasn't stopped people from writing books that challenge the
Warren Commission's findings. Other ideas about who was behind the
assassination include U.S. intelligence agents, the Mafia, Nikita
Khrushchev, the military-industrial complex and Cuban exiles.

So why should people believe McClellan? What makes his book
different?

"The big beauty is, (readers) don't have to believe a word I say,"
McClellan said. "They can believe the fingerprint examiner. They can
believe the exchange of memos and letters."

"The book is the evidence," said Cecile McClellan, McClellan's wife, who
has edited much of the book. "When you read that book and look at those
exhibits, and say, `Do I believe this?' There it is It's like (McClellan
is) a lawyer presenting this book to the jury. You make your own decision.
He's putting it all out there."

The theory that Johnson was involved is "exceedingly unlikely," said John
C. McAdams, who is an outspoken supporter of the Warren Commission's
findings and teaches a course on the JFK assassination at Marquette
University in Milwaukee. "What did he (McClellan) find in the documents,
and what does it, in fact, indicate? If he's looking at all the documents
everyone else is looking at, I would want to know which documents he's
interpreting as L.B.J."

Eric Parkinson, president of Truman Press Inc., the parent company of
Hannover House, said the book comes out at a good time.

"Now, 40 years later, it's appropriate that this additional
information be brought to light. It (the book) will provide closure
for a lot of people."

McClellan began working with Clark in 1966 and said he had no role in
the conspiracy. But he did hear rumors about it.

"When I first started work there and was told that Clark was behind the
assassination, I didn't believe it. It was, `This guy you really liked,
John Kennedy - he was killed by the guy you're working for now.' I think I
went into a bad case of denial."

McClellan said he learned of Clark's role several times, from Clark and
others in the law firm, including while he was acting as Clark's lawyer.
The case involved the 1969 application for Clark to drill an oil well and
name it after himself.

At the time, McClellan said he asked Clark about the rumors he had been
hearing. He said Clark talked in code, but he said, "He wanted the payoff
for it. When you mention Dallas, you were talking about the assassination.
We had a discussion about it. That's in the book, pretty much verbatim."
But why didn't McClellan go public with the information back then?

"When you get inside the attorney-client privilege, you find out a whole
lot," McClellan said. "At the time I thought everything I learned was
privileged. I've since found out that there's no privilege for lawyers who
plan crimes," he said, referring to Clark.

McClellan said he left the law firm in 1982 because Clark wanted him to
represent a company that would conflict with interests of McClellan's
other clients. Then, he said, Clark sued him over a personal loan.
McClellan counter-sued. Then the bank holding the loan sued.

"When I found out what they were going to do to me, I got mad. The gloves
came off. I said, `Forget it. They're not going to get away with this
anymore.'"

But it took years before McClellan was able to publish the book that
he said supports his assassination theory.

Finally in 1994, the 14-year legal battle with the lawsuits ended with
dismissals. By that time, Clark had been dead for two years.

McClellan said he was trying to get a book out in 1984, while Clark was
alive. "He knew I was going public - from the affidavits in one of those
three lawsuits," McClellan said. And he said a book agent he approached in
1984 told him to "do an investigation."

So he began.
"I wanted to be comfortable with what I knew," McClellan said. He said
it took a long time to verify fingerprints with several experts and to
find a publisher.

"A lot of it wouldn't have been available except that old Clark's records"
were bequeathed to Southwestern University, McClellan said, making them
available for research. Previously "they were stored in his private
records. I'm sure if he had thought about it before he died, he would have
probably thrown away a few."

McClellan had been writing bits and pieces of the book since he left the
law firm. He logged numerous hours of research and 10 researchers helped
him, he said.

Supporters and detractors have talked to McClellan about possible
repercussions from the book, McClellan said, but he's not losing any
sleep.

McClellan said he hasn't had any overt threats. He said people imply
retributions, like suggesting that "I'm not going to make it in Austin.
`You're going to be out of here.'"

McClellan said at least some in his family accept his work on the book.

"They said, `OK, I guess that's what Dad's doing now,'" McClellan said.

But he said he has not had the chance to ask sons Scott and Mark for their
reactions.

"I assume that they know about it," McClellan said. "They know what I'm
doing. They're not going to comment on it. The oldest, Mark, was then
maybe 15 when I left the law firm."

When asked if he was concerned for the safety of his twin sons, Dudley, an
Austin lawyer in private practice, and Bradley, a Texas state associate
attorney general, McClellan said: "The Democrats are pretty much out of
power, really, in the state of Texas. So as far as Republicans go, they're
in good shape. My ex-wife (Carole Keeton Strayhorn) - she's the
comptroller of the state of Texas. There's really none of this influence
or anything like that."

© 2003, The Sun Herald - Biloxi, Miss.
Visit The Sun Herald Online at http://www.sunherald.com
Distributed by Knight Ridder/Tribune Information Services.

http://www.rense.com/general40/thewnk.htm
bigdog
2012-01-10 03:02:19 UTC
[...]
Must have been a real blockbuster of a book since just about everyone
has forgotten about it.
Brokedad
2012-01-10 23:58:01 UTC
[...]
The fact that all of this originates from Gulfport, MS where Thomas H.
Oswald is buried as well as the fact that currently living Judge(retired)
Robert H. Oswald joined and fought with the Citizen's Council to keep the
beaches from being integrated (at the same time period as LHO was
attending Radar Operator Schooling at Keesler AFB (Biloxi, MS), should
have possibly alerted you to be extremely careful in regards to accepting
anything stated as having any factual basis.

Not to even mention the close proximity to New Orleans.

Tom

Gotta keep blaming them "Texan's" if at all possible, and keep it out
of the backyard.
John McAdams
2012-01-11 04:52:49 UTC
Post by Raymond
Barr McClellan, father of former White House press secretary Scott
McClellan and a partner in the Austin law firm that represented Johnson,
wrote in his 2003 book that LBJ was a key player in the organization of
the assassination and its cover-up. McClellan's revelations were the
subject of a subsequent History Channel documentary called The Guilty Men.
LBJ Behind JFK Killing - Book - Remember 'The Wink'
By Hye Jeong
Knight Ridder Newspapers
8-21-3
Photo
The man to the left in the bow tie is Congressman Albert Thomas,
winking at LBJ
http://www.rense.com/general40/thewnk.htm
There is actually a notation on the back of that photo -- or at least
one print of it in the LBJ library -- that says it's not to be
distributed.

Of course, if you think it proves anything beyond an inappropriate
response to Thomas' buddy LBJ getting to be president, you are wrong.

.John
--------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
Brokedad
2012-01-11 21:16:36 UTC
Post by John McAdams
Post by Raymond
[...]
--------------http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm- Hide quoted text -
Just so there is absolutely no confusion, LBJ was most assuredly NOT a
"buddy" of this "Thomas".

LBJ, by design, (along with JEH) controlled appointments to the Warren
Commission in order to obscure the simple facts of the assassination.
Three shots fired, three shots impacted.

All of which was done to protect the "political image" of John B.
Connally

"THERE IS NO MAGIC" (bullet or otherwise), just as there was no "THE
SHOT THAT MISSED" !.
timstter
2012-01-12 03:23:00 UTC
Post by Brokedad
Post by John McAdams
Post by Raymond
[...]
SHOT THAT MISSED" !.- Hide quoted text -
Then why was Thomas pictured with LBJ and family the day they moved into
their private quarters in the White House, holding a portrait of LBJ's
mentor Sam Rayburn to hang on the wall as a house warming present?

Because he wasn't buddies with LBJ?

Curious Regards,

Tim Brennan
Sydney, Australia
*Newsgroup(s) Commentator*

claviger
2012-01-12 02:44:41 UTC
Raymond,

Barr McClellan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barr_McClellan

Statement from Walt
http://www.manuscriptservice.com/DPQ/bmp.htm

Barr McClellan: Blood, Money & Power: How LBJ Killed JFK - The ...
http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=6525

The Guilty Men
http://dperry1943.com/guilty.html