My God, they're going to kill us all!" - John Connally
Raymond
2011-04-03 07:27:40 UTC
My God, they're going to kill us all!" - John Connally
Who was Connally referring to when he said "they're"? Why would he
say such a thing?

If it were a surprise and there was only ONE bullet, what would prompt
him to say this strange statement? Why not say, "I'm shot.' or
"Someone is shooting at us." Did JC know that shots were to be fired
at the president? Would he risk being in the same limo with JFK and
know that an attempt was to be made on the life of the president? Why
not? JC was a military man and a hunter and would understand that a
sharpshooter would not miss his target. Besides, it was an easy shot
and at a reasonably short distance.

"I sat on the back seat with him during part of the ride, particularly
in San Antonio, not in Dallas, but in San Antonio. The wind was
blowing, and we were traveling fairly fast, and Mrs. Kennedy preferred
to sit on the jump seat, and I was sitting on the back seat part of
the time. (But not in Dallas).... CONNALLY. At that particular
juncture the crowd was still very thick and very enthusiastic. It
began to thin immediately after we turned onto Elm Street. We could
look ahead and see that the crowd was beginning to thin along the
banks, just east, I guess of the overpass.....We had just made the
turn, well, when I heard what I thought was a shot. I heard this noise
which I immediately took to be a rifle shot. I instinctively turned to
my right because the sound appeared to come from over my right
shoulder, so I turned to look back over my right shoulder, and I saw
nothing unusual except just people in the crowd, but I did not catch
the President in the corner of my eye, and I was interested, because
once I heard the shot in my own mind I identified it as a rifle shot,
and I immediately--the only thought that crossed my mind was that this
is an assassination attempt.

So I looked, failing to see him, I was turning to look back over my
left shoulder into the back seat, but I never got that far in my turn.
I got about in the position I am in now facing you, looking a little
bit to the left of center, and then I felt like someone had hit me in
the back.

--it never entered my mind that it ever hit anybody BUT the President.
I heard it hit. It was a very loud noise, just that audible, very
clear.

Immediately I could see on my clothes, my clothing, I could see on the
interior of the car which, as I recall, was a pale blue, brain tissue,
which I immediately recognized, and I recall very well, on my trousers
there was one chunk of brain tissue as big as almost my thumb,
thumbnail, and again I did not see the President at any time either
after the first, second, or third shots, but I assumed always that it
was HE who was hit and no one else.

I immediately, when I was hit, I said, "Oh, no, no, no." And then I
said, "My God, they are going to kill us all." Nellie, when she pulled
me over into her lap---- ........"

Just a thought.
n***@yahoo.com
2020-04-05 06:03:09 UTC
Maybe he knew they were to shoot jfk m when he was shot too it angered iimateshim. Hed been college roomates with Henry Wade.