Bardwell ..... Bard Odum.......So good they named him twice ..
Raymond
2012-01-14 22:49:16 UTC
Bardwell ..... Bard Odum.......So good they named him twice ..

On page 783, in Vol. 15, of the Warren Commission Hearings, we see the
name Odum listed twice, once as Bardwell D. Odum and again as Hart
Odum. Both listings are the same man. He was a special agent of the
FBI and was stationed in Dallas at the time of the JFK assassination.
His name is seldom mentioned by researchers, yet he was probably the
most assiduous investigator involved in the 1963-1964 investigation.

Odum was in the TSBD at the time that the murder weapon was found.
Later, Lt. Day drove Odum to the police station with the weapon. Odum
was seen and photographed leaving the building with Day at sometime
close to 1:45 pm.

According to Day, the agent used the car radio to contact his FBI
office to describe the rifle. 4H264, Meager, p.100.

SA James P. Hosty Jr. mentions the Bard numerous times, and it is
Hosty who is witness and reporter to the spirit-like nature of SA
Odum.

It was between 1:45 and 2:00 pm. that Odum and Day made the
delivery to Lt. Day's office at Main and Harwood Streets in downtown
Dallas. At the very same time, according to Hosty, Bardwell was at the
Texas Theater witnessing the arrest of LHO. Odum, himself made a
statement (HSCA document #01431) describing his observing the arrest.
His statement begins:
"At approximately 2 p.m., November 22, 1963, I was informed by an
unidentified policeman of the DPD that a suspect had been seen
entering the back door of the Texas Theater. I immediately proceeded
to the Texas Theater...."

Dallas police radio transcripts reveal that at 1:51 pm. car No. 2
radioed to the dispatcher that they were on their way in with the
suspect
(WR. p, 179).

Talk about double Oswalds, now we have a double Odum.

In Dallas, the agent was well acquainted with Michael and Ruth
Paine. Mike called the agent BOB; Ruth called him Mr. Odum and
sometimes Bardwell . From Mike's testimony:
Mr. Liebeler: Do you remember being interviewed by FBI Agents Odum
and Peggs on Nov. 24?
Mike: Well, of course, I have seen BOB Odum frequently. Peggs ia an
unfamiliar name. It doesn't mean that he couldn't have been there,
That night I mostly went to the police station. I was introduced to
Odum PRIOR TO THE 22nd.
9H444.

Ruth felt comfortable enough with "BOB" to visit Marina's bedroom
alone with SA Odum, who was at the Irving home to pick up Lee's
wedding ring for Marina.
3H 111-112, 9H385.

Ruth also had a conversation with the "Bard"about the General
Walker shooting before there was reason to believe that Lee was
involved,
9H387.

Ruth: Agent Odum has been out a great deal.
3H106.
Ruth: I would guess that I reported to MR.ODUM other things-... I
talked with him a great deal.
3H107.

Lt. Day released the slug from the Walker shooting to the "Bard."
Day: I released it to the FBI Agent B.D. Odum on Dec.2, 1963
10H273.

Odum says that he never had the Walker bullet.

The early history of the bullet, Commission Exhibit #399, is laid out
in Warren Commission Exhibit #2011. This exhibit consists of a 3-page,
July 7, 1964 FBI letterhead memorandum that was written to the Warren
Commission in response to a Commission request that the Bureau trace
“various items of physical evidence,” among them #399 [Fig. 2]. #2011
relates that, in chasing down the bullet’s chain of possession, FBI
agent Bardwell ODUM took #399 to Darrell Tomlinson and O.P. Wright on
June 12, 1964. The memo asserts that both men told Agent Odum that the
bullet “appears to be the same one” they found on the day of the
assassination, but that neither could “positively identify” it.
[Figs. 2, 3]

Mr. Odum said that he had never had any bullet related to the Kennedy
assassination in his possession, whether during the FBI’s
investigation in 1964 or at any other time. Asked whether he might
have forgotten the episode, Mr. Odum remarked that he doubted he would
have ever forgotten investigating so important a piece of evidence.
But even if he had done the work, and later forgotten about it, he
said he would certainly have turned in a “302” report covering
something that important. Odum’s sensible comment had the ring of
truth. For not only was Odum’s name absent from the FBI’s once secret
files, it was also it difficult to imagine a motive for him to
besmirch the reputation of the agency he had worked for and admired.
http://www.history-matters.com/essays/frameup/EvenMoreMagical/EvenMor...

Odum interviewed; Mrs. Markham 3H319.
Bonnie Williams 3H171-172.
Sylvia Odio 11H369.
Capt. G.M. Doughty
Domingo Benavides
Officer J.M. Poe
Dr. Paul Mollenhoff, Methodist Hospital
Dr. Earl Rose, Parkland
Marguerite Oswald

From the Texas Employment Commission: Helen P. Cunningham
Louise Latham
Robert L. Adams

The "Bard" made a replica bag from material found in the TSBD
(Dec) and showed it to
Frazier/Randle).

Busy, busy, busy Bard.......So good they named him twice
David Von Pein
2012-01-15 04:36:51 UTC
"...Commission Exhibit #2011...consists of a 3-page, July 7, 1964 FBI
letterhead memorandum..." <<<

CE2011 is a lot longer than just 3 pages. It's 34 pages long, and (as I've
pointed out before) it consists of a total of 60 FBI interviews with a
variety of witnesses and law enforcement people. And, as far as I know,
not ONE of the "FD-302s" has ever been seen regarding any of those sixty
interviews.

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh24/html/WH_Vol24_0215a.htm

So, does that mean that CTers want to ignore or toss in the trash ALL
sixty of those interviews seen in CE2011?

If not, then a "missing 302" report for Odum's interviews with Darrell
Tomlinson and O.P. Wright on 6/12/64 is meaningless. Because the other
FIFTY-EIGHT interviews don't have 302s either (as far as I am aware).

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2011/12/dvp-vs-dieugenio-part-74.html

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2011/12/dvp-vs-dieugenio-part-76.html